Performing Arts Classes
CAT Class Info
- Our classes are 55 minutes in length, unless otherwise noted. At least a minimum of 4 students must be registered for the class in order for the class to continue.
- Student’s age must fall within the class age range by the 1st week of classes in order to enroll in the class.
- Registration fee of $25 is applicable for new students and returning students. This fee helps offset the administrative cost of setting up your student in our studio-class-management system and helps keep your monthly tuition costs lower.
- Drop in class fee: $15 non-registered /$13 registered student. Must fill out forms and pay before taking class.
- Tuition will be AutoCharged on the 7th of each month; a credit card must be on-file with Christian Arts and Theatre.
- A $10 late fee will be distributed on the 7th of each month if tuition is not received.
- Registration, fees, and tuition are non-refundable.
- To drop a class /classes and stop AutoCharge, you must call the office by the 15th of the month to avoid being charged the next month’s tuition.
- Participation in Christian Arts and Theatre is a privilege. We expect only kind and respectful behavior.
- Name calling, swearing, foul language or bullying is not tolerated. CAT expects students to be respectful to everyone and the property as well.
- CAT expects purity of self in relationships with others. Overt physical contact is inappropriate.
- Drugs, alcohol, vaping, and smoking are strictly prohibited.
- We encourage students to arrive 10 minutes before class starts.
- We will have a CONE ZONE for Drop OFF ONLY and PICK UP! Note: the CONE ZONE is not for you to park and get out of the car. If you want to get out of the car please park in the parking lot.
- Children should be picked up immediately after class.
- IF you are more than 20 minutes late your account will be charged with a late fee of $25.
- Masks are required to be worn when in class.
- Temperatures will be taken before entering the building.
- Hand Sanitizer in every classroom.
- Smaller class sizes.
- Each child enrolled in a class will perform in a Showcase at the end of each session.
- Tickets for this event may be purchased online or at the door.
- Tickets will be $5 each.
- In order to audition for our productions children must be ages 8-18.
- Each participant must be enrolled in ONE class in order to audition.
- Check the audition packet for more information on our productions.
Monthly Class Rates
REGISTRATION FEES EACH CLASS SESSION - $25
Ages 4 - 6
An introductory class for students learning the basics of acting and singing. Students will build skills to speak in front of an audience and learn how to sing as a group. They will learn basic singing techniques to help find pitch and work on acting skills to develop a character. This class is designed for “first timers”.
An introductory class for students learning the basics of singing and dancing. Students will build skills in dance and learn how to sing as a group. They will learn basic singing techniques to help find pitch and work on dancing skills to learn how to move. This class is designed for “first timers”.
This class is a prelude to formal dance instruction by introducing the positions, shapes and postures of traditional.
Ages 7 - 9
An introductory level class designed to teach core acting skills. This is a great start for the child looking to stretch some new acting muscles and gain confidence in their performance skills.
This class is a prelude to Voice 1 class. In this introductory class we will be learning basic voice practice including breathing, posture and blending in a choir.. We will also be working on confidence and growing as a performer on stage.
This introductory tap course will start from the basics and is ideal for those who have minimal or no prior experience with tap dancing. By the end of the session you will know all of the basic steps that compose the tap dance vocabulary as well as be able to create simple rhythms with music.
This introductory class will be high energy and cover the basics of jazz dance. This class focuses on technique and style through strong and sharp movements. It emphasizes strength and stretch in warm up and practices technique across the floor and choreography center floor.
Introductory/beginning class where students will learn beginning across the floor and center floor dance combinations. Simple break moves both center and across the floor. Break moves will be incorporated into dance choreography in addition to weekly technique. Minor tumbling will be introduced.
Ages 10 - 12
An introductory level class designed to teach and strengthen core acting skills. This is a great start for the child looking to lay a strong foundation in developing a character, making strong movement choices, and contributing to a final group performance.
In this class, students will be exposed to more extensive vocal techniques. This class will work on strengthening voices through vocal warm-ups, breath support and more complicated melodic lines in musical theater songs as well as soloist work. Audition techniques will also be covered.
This beginning jazz class will introduce dancers to the technique and style of jazz dance. It will incorporate body strength, agility, style and flexibility to continue building the fundamentals of jazz dance. Your dancer will gain body coordination, style and power in their dancing. There is a strong emphasis on across the floor and learning choreography.
An intermediate class where students will build upon their understanding of jazz dance and learn how the style translates to stage. Increasing their skill-set in timing and musicality, students will experience several styles of Broadway dance. They will use their movement to highlight the elements of a musical theater piece, while further developing their skills in jazz.
An introductory level class where students will learn a variety of hip hop steps and skills such as isolations and basic breakdance footwork, and implement them into choreography. With its hard-hitting movements and dynamic energy, this class will give students the opportunity to explore their personal style while moving to upbeat music.
Ages 13 - 18
An advanced level acting class for those who already have experience in performance, acting, and who have taken a lower level class previously. The students will be given advanced tools to further explore acting techniques and begin to find an acting style that works best for them.
An intermediate/advanced level vocal class were students will be exposed to extensive vocal techniques as well as music reading skills and harmonies. We will be exploring what it takes to read basic sheet music through leaning notes names and rhythms, also exploring 2-3 part harmonies.
An advanced level class for those who have adequate experience in musical theater and who have taken a lower level class previously. Students in this class will be exposed to more advanced techniques, voice and singing techniques, advanced acting and complicated choreography. The students will be given tools to further explore the techniques and styles used in musical theater.
This advanced jazz class is for the experienced dancer. This class will combine techniques of classical ballet and modern dance with the current forms of popular dance. Jazz also has its own movement vocabulary ranging from the isolation of certain body parts to the movement of the entire body with the accents of musical rhythms. Emphasis is on the importance of energy, rhythmical accuracy, and style.
Intermediate level class where students will work to learn challenging combinations both across the floor and center floor. This high energy class will incorporate isolations, foot work, strength, style, coordination and musicality. Break moves will be incorporated into dance choreography in addition to weekly technique. Minor tumbling will be taught.
LEAP-TURNS-TECHNIQUE - TUE 3:30PM
This class will focus on the skills of improving in jumps and leaps, turns and dance technique. Other aspects that this class will work on are; stretching, center floor combinations and across the floor progressions.
Unity Girls Drill Team
UNITY GIRLS DRILL TEAM:
Come try this new class! This team will be in the style of the Rockettes. This all girl team for ages 7th grade to 12th grade will learn precise routines incorporating tight formations, synchronized choreography and parade style marching and commands. Props such as riffles, ribbons, hats and canes will be incorporated. There will be a costume fee (TBD). This group will perform for a variety of community events: parades, outdoor venues.
1A: 3rd-5th (9:30am)
2A: 6th –8th (10:30am)
1A: 3rd-5th (10:30am)
2A: 6th-8th (12:00pm)
Musical Theatre –
1A: 3rd-5th (1:00pm)
2A: 6th-8th (1:00pm)
*Thursday’s 9:30-2:00pm + Lunch Break 11:30
Crown Town Chorus
Crown Town Chorus is thrilled to bring a new level of music to our community!
Music instruction for ages 5-12.
(1 hr 10 min)
(1 hr 10 min)
Cost $50 monthly. Registration fee $25 for all students. This includes a performance T-shirt.
Email email@example.com for more information.